Partnerships Manager – Job Description
Full or Part-Time Staff Position
1 Month Trial Period – Long-Term Engagement
Based in Medellin, Colombia
Overview: Managing the development of both commercial and sustainability partnerships and client development processes, the main tasks of this role will involve liaising with partners across Latin America as well as managing client facing operational and business processes in an exciting fast growing travel startup.
You will also contribute to marketing campaigns as well as ensuring effective communication of the impacts that sustainable adventure travel can have for both local communities and travelers. You will work closely with our team in Medellin, Colombia, as well as our global network of stakeholders and volunteers.
The Role: The Partnership Manager will help ensure that sustainability and partnership development strategies are on track and delivered to the standard expected by our customers, clients and team. The role will also oversee the management of client services including onboarding of leads, current client management, and post-expedition follow-up.
You will build on significant contributions already made by other development researchers and analysts, and support the continued dedication to the social, environmental and economic impact our social enterprise has locally in Perú. The role is challenging and project-oriented, and you will be exposed to an ambitious and creative team who work together to turn ideas into actions. There is significant room to develop a range of skills and experiences in this role, and you will be considered a key member of the team.
Specific tasks include:
- Researching and nurturing commercial and sustainability partnerships
- On-boarding leads and managing clients
- Overseeing operational tasks related to client services and operations processes
- Contributing to our SEE (Social, Environmental, and Economic) methodology, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) infrastructure and reporting
- Liaising with team members to ensure effective and timely communications
- Supporting campaigns and business development
- Participating in researching regarding technology strategy and planning
- Creating and overseeing your own self-directed projects
- Delivering development-focused presentations and outreach for use at conferences and/or in the communities where we work
- Other tasks requested by your colleagues
You: Our personal specification is broad and we are open to a diverse range of candidates. However, the following characteristics, attributes, and experiences will be strongly favourable to your application:
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English
- High levels of motivation, productivity and self initiative
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Diligent and analytical mindset, with close attention to quality oriented work
- Confidence and good presentations skills
- Collaborative and a good team player
- Organized, ambitious, and responsible
- Display a proven interest in international development, sustainable tourism and/or other relevant subjects
- Comfortable discussing complex development issues
The successful candidate will be a respected member of our team. You will be encouraged to use your initiative and creativity to drive sustainable, locally-led change in the world. You will be joining the most exciting social enterprise in adventure travel.
- Fluent Spanish and English (spoken and written)
- Located in Medellin, Colombia
- 40 hours per week
- 1 Month trial period, with personal development plan
- Expected long-term engagement with the potential for advancement in the future
- Interest in sustainable tourism, international development, social enterprise, international business development, communications and working with people, startup culture, and having a good time working for a good cause
Applications: Apply with your resume and a cover letter in English. Please write to Maria Ranallo at email@example.com.