Project Cordillera: A Fast Growing Travel Startup and Social Enterprise
32 Hour role based in our office in Medellin, Colombia
Project Cordillera, a travel startup and social enterprise, seeks excellent candidates for a Development Officer and Communication Officer role, both based in Medellin, Colombia. The paid internship covers living costs, training, a mentorship and support for academic or independent research. You will be a key part of our team at a key time, and your role will be fast-moving, diverse and full of adventure.
The facilitation of research and learning expeditions is core to our operations, as is promoting and supporting incredible moments of cross-cultural communication and understanding. Researchers, scientists and others have unique learning and evidence/data gathering possibilities in the Andes, a region unified by two things: its mountains and its diversity.
The Development Officer will help ensure the Sustainability Strategy is on track and delivered to the high standard expected by our customers, partners and team. You will help drive the continued agenda to social, environmental and economic impact lead locally in Perú and Colombia.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to use initiative and creativity to drive sustainable, locally-led change as well as comprehensive monitoring and evaluation. You’ll be working for a young company exploring and innovating for a more sustainable travel, and joining one of the most exciting social enterprise in adventure travel.
Specific work-streams may include:
- Participating in research strategy and planning
- Researching, gaining and nurturing relationships with partners
- Delivering development-focused presentations and outreach for use at conferences and/or in the communities we work
- Contributing to our SEE (Social, Environmental, and Economic) methodology, M&E infrastructure and reporting
- Supporting campaigns, marketing and business development
- Other tasks requested as per your interest and at request
- Work closely with universities in Latin America and overseas
Our personal specification is broad and we are open to a diverse range of candidates. However, the following characteristics, attributes and experiences will be strongly favorable to your application:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High levels of motivation, productivity and self initiative
- Excellent organizational and good time management skills
- Diligent and analytical, with close attention to quality
- Confident, good presentations skills and comfortable discussing complex development issues
- Collaborative and a team player
- Proven interest in international development and/or sustainable tourism
- English required, Spanish prefered
Length: Ideally six months (but open), 32 hours per week
Location: Medellin, Colombia
Remuneration: Living stipend, structured mentorship, training
Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org